Monday, December 28, 2009

Storytelling


This is my project about Welsh Storytellers.

I met five storytellers, who all work in Wales and tell stories about or derive from Wales, and Welsh folklore. I asked each storyteller to tell me a story that for them is about a specific place or landscape in Wales, or where they could imagine somewhere that represented parts of the story.
Each of the storytellers I met found that it is really important to link story to land, and to keep the tradition of oral storytelling alive.



1 comment:

  1. This is amazing scabbers. When you look at their faces and the land you can kind of see what stories they would tell and how they would tell them. I bet the ladies' are magical and full of lengthy descriptions of far away places and mythical lands. The last man is funny and down to earth, his stories are cosy and full of insight. Ha I bet I'm totally wrong...its funny how we read peoples faces. I like to look at people's faces. Come do some photos for us xxx

    ReplyDelete