Sunday, March 28, 2010

Window Cleaning


There's a Magnolia tree outside my bedroom window.

I saw it last summer, when I lived in my room for two weeks by myself in the big empty house. Since we had only been acquainted in the spring, i didn't completely recognise the dear Magnolia, but had a slight inkling that it would be what i secretly hoped it would, come spring again. And at last Spring is saying hello, with Daffodils, longer days, and babies and kittens being born.

During conversations with friends I get easily side-tracked if i see a tree budding, or pass a front garden of grass, longing to lie down on it.

Today i bought myself some tulips, to add to my collection of buying flowers for myself. It's something that I hope to uphold, as it makes me smile that I need no-one else to buy flowers for me.

Today I spring cleaned my house, and stood and watched my washing drying on the line.

The easter holidays are coming up, and most of my friend's are leaving. I think i'll just have to amuse myself for the next two weeks by watching blossom arrive..

No comments:

Post a Comment